Circular saws can cut at bevel angles of up to 47 degrees, but they are most commonly employed to achieve square and accurate cuts in heavy, difficult-to-manage materials. The saw plunges into the piece to begin the cut, which is possibly more correctly described as a “plunge cut track saw.” This post will take a thorough look into the master force track saw review.
Masterforce Track Saw Review
This Masterforce plunge cut track saw set is significantly more convenient to operate than larger saws due to its tiny and low weight. A powerful 10 amp motor provides maximum performance and ease of use with a cutting speed of 5,200 RPM. You can only expose the piece of the blade needed to perform the cut by altering the depth of the cut. The material can be sliced in either direction with the plunge motion, allowing for straight cuts or cut-outs. The saw incorporates a dust management system that can be readily linked to a vacuum hose using a 1-1/4″ hose adapter.
Brand : Masterforce
Blade Length : 6.5 Inch
Speed : 5200 RPM
The guiding track makes precision cuts a breeze. After you’ve placed the workpiece on a table and defined your cut line, all you need to do is lay the guide track on it. Align the track’s cutting edge with the mark once you’ve produced a cut line. Secure either end of the track using the clamps provided. Now that the guide track is in place, you’ll need to adjust the saw’s cutting depth. Once the depth has been calculated, you should position the saw on the guide track. While resting on the track, you will align the saw’s blade with the cut line. When putting the saw on the track for the first time, set the track tension to the lowest setting. You can use the track tension adjusters to control saw movement resistance. Set the tension on all of them to the highest setting to guarantee a smooth ride. The sideways movement will be decreased or eliminated to cut precisely and safely. You can cut as soon as the tensioners are in place.
The Masterforce reciprocating saw competes with high-performance Pro models in terms of speed and stroke length. It also has an orbital action option, allowing you to cut wood more violently. After a few test cuts in clean wood, the engine can maintain its high SPM rate better. It’s fairly fast for a saw in this price range. A 16D framing nail cannot compete with its power to demolish nearly everything in its weight class. We’re impressed with the performance of the saws on the higher end of the price spectrum in this price range. PVC should be easy to cut with any reciprocating saw, and Masterforce is no exception.” The same holds for emergency medical personnel (EMTs).
To make plunge cuts in wood, just draw the cutting line on the workpiece, place the saw flat on the workpiece, and align the blade with the cutting line. Release the plunge lever and pull the switch trigger to start the saw. Slowly drop the blade on top of the work surface to cut through the workpiece. Reduce the blade’s cutting depth progressively until it reaches its maximum. Take your time and continue until you reach the cutting line.
- A strong 10-amp motor rotates at 5,200 RPM for the smoothest cutting possible.
- With a spindle lock, changing the blade is simple.
- The 0-45° bevel capacity is simply adjustable.
- This dust collecting system’s 1-1/4″ hose adapter makes it simple to connect a vacuum hose and maintain a dust-free working environment.
- Using a plunge cut procedure, the operator can expose only the blade piece needed for the work at hand.
- The zero-clearance track’s anti-splinter edges indicate the precise cut site, making cut placement quick, simple, and accurate.
- Two anti-slip friction strips on the track’s bottom help prevent sliding without additional clamping, provided You can also use track clamps for perfect precision cuts.
- A low-friction track on top of the saw is required for easy cutting.
- The track system simplifies and protects panel cutting instead of hauling a huge panel to the table saw.
- The maximum cutting depth is lowered to 1-7/8″ while utilizing a track.
- It includes a 6-1/2″ plunge saw, four 27-1/2″ guide tracks with three connecting clips, two-track clamps, carbide-tipped blades with 24 and 40 teeth, and storage bags.
- No complaints have been reported yet.
“A buddy of mine acquired the Master Force Track Saw Kit largely to cut stair treads during remodeling jobs.”
“I’ve had this saw for a while, and it’s wonderful. Track saws are crucial for everyone who works with plywood. I waited far too long to justify the expenditure. You’ll be pleased you did once you get your hands on it. I rarely use my table saw for anything larger than dados and bunnies any longer. Track saws are almost primarily employed in the manufacturing of sheet goods.’
“It receives a 7 out of 10. The saw performs well and is accurate when equipped with a good blade. Even though name brand track saws cost at least twice as much, the Masterforce is a cost-effective solution for do-it-yourselfers and non-professionals looking for a quick fix.”
What is the distinction between a circular saw and a track saw?
Track saws are descended from sidewinder-style circular saws, which are not the same thing. The smooth bottoms of circular saws allow them to glide over the material. Track saws, which have grooves that snap onto a track, can be used to make straight cuts.
How far down can track saws cut?
Some of the largest track saws, on the other hand, can cut up to 212 inches deep.
Can a track saw be utilized if it lacks a track?
It is possible to use them without a track, although it is not as simple. The amount of pressure required to hold the plunge saw may affect accuracy.